Welcome to my webpage!
Senior Lecturer in Economics
1) I will join Monash Business School and the Department of Economics as an Associate Professor in February 2023.
2) I recently joined the Editorial Board of the Journal of Population Economics as an Associate Editor
3) I have several survey RCTs in place and you will see me frequently advertising them on social media
4) Our new working paper on "How Good Am I? Effects and Mechanisms Behind Salient Ranks"
5) Our new working paper on "Do Second Chances Pay Off? Evidence from a Natural Experiment with Low-Achieving Students"
I am a Senior Lecturer (Advanced Assistant Professor) in Economics at the University of Queensland, a Research Affiliate at the Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) and an Affiliate at the CESifo Research Network.
My research is in applied micro-economics, focusing on policy-relevant questions in education, migration and labor economics.
I am currently working on understanding how to measure and what shapes gender biases and gender discrimination in education, but also in other environments. I am also working on teachers' value added, teachers' human capital depreciation, peer effects, etc. I have recently started working on the impacts of role models in education. I am also currently running several survey experiments to understand individuals' perceptions and behaviours. Part of my research investigates the effects of student autonomy during a pandemic. To investigate those topics I have undertaken massive data collections.